The U.S. Census Bureau submitted to Congress its proposal for a Census Recovery Plan to create jobs, strengthen the economy and conduct a successful 2010 Census. Under the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, the Census Bureau was provided $1 billion.
- Coverage Follow-Up Enhancement ($30 million)
- Partnership Program Enhancement ($120 million)
- Public Outreach ($100 million)
- Group Quarters Operations ($138 million)
- Update Leave ($116 million)
- Update/Enumerate ($108 million)
- Local Census Office Staffing Operation ($388 million)