- The resident population of the U.S. on April 1, 2010 was 308,745,538, an increase of 9.7% from the 2000 resident population.
- The most populous state was California with 37,253,956 people.
- The least populous was Wyoming with 563,626 people.
- Texas gained the most numerically since the 2000 Census, while Nevada gained the most as a percentage of its 2000 Census count.
- Much of the population increase came in the South and West.
The Census Bureau will be distributing demographic data to states in February and March, which they will then use to redistrict based on population shifts and the new apportionment numbers.