To raise participation rates, Native Vote--an ongoing campaign to inform and support Native voters--has developed a focused plan to engage their constituents, starting with the basics: training. They are hosting both an in-person training and a webinar on "Native Vote for Nonprofits".
Native Vote urges supports to be active by:
- Attending a webinar or training to learn how to get involved.
- Interacting and sharing information on NativeVote.org, Twitter, and Facebook. Like Native Vote and help them get 20,000 likes by Election Day!
- Identifying a Native Vote Coordinator for your tribe.
- Distributing educational materials to voters and candidates about Indian Country issues.
- Registering to vote.
- Talking to your friends and family about the importance of voting.
Whether or not you work with Native communities, your nonprofit can learn from Native Vote's tactics, creativity, and initiative. Follow their lead and help empower your community this November!