Plan your Election Day celebration by:
- Starting today: Recruit another staff member to help you plan your Election Day celebration. Get support from your Executive Director.
- Preparing: Have information available on finding polling locations or getting a ride to the polls.
- Decorating: Go red, white, and blue! Use streamers, balloons, and posters to create a festive atmosphere.
- Having Giveaways: Add giveaways to the celebration, like stickers that say "I Voted" or "I'm Voting Today". Distribute voter information cards on Your Rights at the Polls.
- Providing Food: Secure a food donation to fuel your celebration. Or try your hand at making Election Cake. Be sure to share with everyone--distribution cannot be contingent on whether or not an individual votes.
Don't forget to give staff time off to vote or to participate in other nonpartisan activities. Consider allowing staff use personal time to work for the candidate of their choice. Whatever you decide to do on Election Day, just be sure to make it a celebration!