If you need a little push before heading to the polls, watch JFK ask every American to turn out and vote and a fourth grade class implore you to "vote for somebody".
As the results unfold, find out about turnout with the CNN National Exit Poll (click the Exit Poll tab), CIRCLE - Civic Youth, and Pew Hispanic. Learn more about the national exit poll.
Be Prepared with Your Election Day Toolbox!
Advertise polling hours prominently on your website and in your lobby. Find yours with our 50 state map. It's not too late to download a "Vote November 6th" poster. Use the tools below to equip voters with the information necessary to ensure they successfully cast a ballot.
Google Poll Finder:The 2012 Google Poll Finder tool uses official information from state elections offices and Secretaries of State to provide voters with current voting information. Type in your address to find your polling place and directions. In areas impacted by Hurricane Sandy, be sure to check directly with your local elections office for any updates to polling locations--these will likely not be reflected in online tools.
- Embed the tool on your website to raise the profile of the election.
- Share the link with your audience.
- Set up a computer in your lobby to allow voters to check their voting information.
Check Your Registration:
Wondering if and where you're registered to vote?
- 45 states have online registration look up tools.
- Contact your local elections office to confirm your registration.
Avoid potential problems at the polls and double check your registration before Election Day.
If you aren't near a computer and need voting information, call a national hotline for assistance. They are also a great resource if you have trouble casting your ballot.
- Call 1-866-OUR-VOTE (687-8683) or visit www.866ourvote.org.
- Call 1-888-VE-Y-VOTA (839-8682) or visit www.yaeshora.info.
Contact your local elections office for help or with questions.
And for more!
- Browse additional 2012 election tools and resources.
- Learn more about ballot measures and voting as an ex-offender or student.
- Make voters aware of their rights at the polls in your state.
- On the go? Get the VoterHub mobile app--a collaboration between AT&T and the Voting Information Project.
Happy Election Day Eve from Nonprofit VOTE!